Why you will succeed when others fail
(this is a follow-up post to the previous one “What is success?“)
If you are going to succeed in what God has called you to do in this life, it will be because:
- You accept the grace of God (Titus 2:11).
- You are humble (James 4:6).
- You won’t be fooled into exchanging the glory of God for lesser things (Romans 1:22-23).
- You put away false gods, fear the LORD, and serve him in faithfulness and humility (Joshua 24:14).
- You abandon your own will to that of the Father (Matthew 6:10).
- In view of God’s mercy, you present yourself as a living sacrifice for His use (Romans 12:1).
- You crucify your fleshly desires, emotions, and habits (Galatians 5:24).
- You follow His leading, not your own heart (Matthew 16:24).
- You eagerly look for and engage in the good works God has appointed for you to do (Ephesians 2:10).
- You rely daily on the fact that you are already more than a conqueror through Christ (Romans 8:37).
- You trust Jesus to live powerfully in you to accomplish His own will in your present life (Galatians 2:20).
- Instead of being overcome by evil, you overcome evil with good (Romans 12:21).
- You refuse to be among those who shrink back in the face of hardship or evil (Hebrews 10:39).
- When you are mistreated, you entrust yourself to God, who judges justly (1 Peter 2:23).
- You keep your eyes fixed on what is to come (1 Peter 1:4).