Why Christians are BAD at mindset practices [PERISCOPE]
Mindset practices are vital for Christian living, yet Christians tend to be really bad at them.
What do I mean by “mindset practices?”
It’s the practice of setting your mind in the right place (on truth… about God, yourself, the world) – and keeping it there.
It’s the difference between having a “said” faith as opposed to a “real” faith.
We can “say” we are a new creation in Christ all we want. But until we actually BELIEVE it and SHOW that we believe it by our actions, we’ll never really believe it.
So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. – James 2:17
So what do good mindset practices look like?
They look like this:
- DAILY commitment to aligning your thinking with what God says is true.
- REGULAR revisiting of those truths throughout the day.
- GUTTING IT OUT when emotions, or circumstances, or people’s comments, or opposition tell you that the truth you’re focusing on is not true.
- KILLING DOUBT by speaking the truth to yourself instead of listening to the doubts that crop up in your mind.
- FIGHTING to think, speak, act, according to the truth you’ve commited to believe.
Listen in as I chat about what I think this could look like in real life…
I’d love for you to join me “live” on Periscope each weekday morning, 8AM mountain time for CHRISTIAN MINDSET RESET.
Most of the fun of it is that there’s a way for you to interact, ask your questions, take part in the discussion, etc. How can you join me?
- Download the Periscope app.
- Search for me: @CareyNGreen